Chase has decreased the spending requirement to earn a 100,000 Ultimate Rewards point sign-up bonus to $8,000 in the first 3-months of being approved for the card. (It was $15,000 / 3-months previously). This change will make it more likely that new applicants will be able to hit the requirement for the large sign-up bonus available on this card and it is the best sign-up offer we’ve seen for this card so-far.
I personally have this card and I use it for the 3x earnings on search engine and social media advertising for this website and I’m able to combine points with my Chase Sapphire Preferred. This card also allows point-transfers into the Hotel and Airline point programs available on the Ultimate Rewards website/portal.
The card has the following 3x point categories:
- Earn 3X Ultimate Rewards points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on Shipping purchases, Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines, Internet, cable and phone services, or Travel.
There are a few things to point out about this deal:
- You can apply for this card if you run a business as Sole proprietor. If this is the case for you, then use your personal social security number when applying instead of your Business EIN. If you don’t have a DBA, use your real name as the business name.
- With the reduction of the spending requirement, this is the best sign-up offer that we’ve seen for this card.
- To receive the sign-up bonus, you must spend $8000 or more in the first three months after you receive you are approved for the card.
- This card has an annual fee of: $95
- With Chase, you are likely to be denied if you have opened 5 or more cards with ANY bank within the past 24 months. Chase business cards don’t count towards the 5 card rule, but if you try to apply for one after you have opened 5 or more cards, you will likely be denied. If you are planning to apply for multiple cards, you should consider opening Chase business cards first, then Chase personal cards, and finally any other cards with any other bank.
- If you get denied and you have good credit, call their reconsideration hotline: 1-888-270-2127. Calling may not change the outcome, but there is a chance it will. You’ll also be able to get better insight in why your application was denied.
- After submitting your application you can check your application status at: 1-888-338-2586.
- Member FDIC