[07/17/2018 @ 8:09 PM] Book this fare on: Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia, Hotwire.
[07/18/2018 @ 11:07 AM] Price drop to $128. Was $138.
[07/18/2018 @ 3:26 PM] Price increased to $282. Removing from deal list.
The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamp). Deals are usually valid 24 to 72 hours after posting, but can expire at any time. This website contains cookies for personalized ads and links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link. By continuing to use this website, you consent to the use of ads, affiliate links, and cookies.
American Airlines has “Basic Economy” round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $128, with a connection. $64 each-way. Flights August to February. Most departures are on Sundays and Tuesdays with Thursdays available after December. Returns are on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Origin/Destination reversible. Holiday Blackout applies.
Note: “Regular Economy” is available for +$25 each-way.
Note: “Basic Economy” fares do not allow for a free carry-on bag. Only a small personal item, like a Jansport City Scout backpack is free. Checked bags cost +$25 each-way. Seats are randomly assigned prior to boarding.
I’m currently using the Jansport Right Pack as my “personal item” when I fly in “basic economy”. Which is slightly more than expensive than the Jansport City Scout because its fabric is Cordura instead of Polyester. Both have the same dimensions which are: 18″ x 13″ x 8.5″. There is half-an-inch of extra depth than what is officially allowed by AA, but it has never been a problem for me. The bag has a large main compartment, which makes it ideal for stuffing as much as you can into the limited amount of space.
- Example Dates: (Priceline / BookingBuddy) Aug 14 – Aug 21 / Aug 19 – Aug 21 / Aug 21 – Aug 28 / Sep 04 – Sep 11 / Sep 11 – Sep 18 / Sep 18 – Sep 25 / Sep 25 – Oct 02 / Oct 02 – Oct 09 / Oct 09 – Oct 16 / Oct 16 – Oct 23 / Nov 06 – Nov 13 / Nov 27 – Dec 04 / Dec 04 – Dec 11 / Dec 11 – Dec 18 / Dec 18 – Dec 25 / Jan 03 – Jan 08 / Jan 10 – Jan 15 / Jan 15 – Jan 22 / Jan 17 – Jan 22 / Jan 22 – Jan 29 / Jan 24 – Jan 29 / Jan 29 – Feb 05 / Jan 31 – Feb 05 / Feb 05 – Feb 12 / Feb 07 – Feb 12 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
- One-way Departures: (Priceline / BookingBuddy) August: 14, 19, 21, 26, 28 / September: 04, 18, 25 / October: 02, 09, 16 / November: 06, 13, 27 / December: 04, 09, 11, 16, 18 / January: 03, 10, 13, 15, 17, 22, 24, 27, 29, 31 / February: 03, 05, 07, 10, 12
- One-way Returns: (Priceline / BookingBuddy) August: 07, 09, 14, 16, 21 / September: 06, 25 / October: 02, 09, 16, 23, 30 / November: 06, 13, 22, 27, 29 / December: 04, 06, 11, 13, 18 / January: 08, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29, 31 / February: 05, 07, 12
- Tips: Use Tripadvisor to create a Hotel “short list”. Select “Sort by Traveler Ranked” after you plug in your dates and destination. Then select the Traveler Ranking filer to show “only 4* and up”. Use the resulting list of hotels to find the cheapest one with a high ranking.
- Tips: Hotel rates for Weekend dates are usually higher than the rates for Sunday through Thursday. Tripadvisor has a color-coded date calendar, red when the average hotel price for that day is more expensive, green for less expensive. You can use this to get an overview of what dates in the month are at a discount.
- Tips: Different booking websites will often have differing routes, prices, and availability. Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy, Skyscanner, and Kayak to see if any other site or airline is offering a better deal.
- Join our instant notification Telegram Channels: (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago & Milwaukee / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Instagram (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Say Hello on Twitter (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Like us on Facebook (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull this fare up on Priceline. Screenshot taken at 8:27 PM on 07/17/18.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $210
- Book this fare on: Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia, Hotwire.
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Avianca, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Agoda
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).