[11/18/2015 @ 6:46 PM] Open this itinerary on: Southwest Airlines, (Other Airlines: BookingBuddy, Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia)
[12/22/2015 @ 6:04 PM] Old post. Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
The details on this page was accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
Southwest Airlines has round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) or San Antonio (SAT) to Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR) for $308 with a connection. Flights in January and February. San Antonio has more days available at the discount fare than Austin. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
Note: Southwest Sales often gets matched by the other major airlines, sometimes for a cheaper price. You may want to check your dates on BookingBuddy to see if any of the other airlines have better prices or are matching.
To save the most money, be sure to make use of the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than booking each separately. Be sure to compare the package prices on Southwest Vacations. If you’re booking your Hotel separately, then you’ll probably get a better price on Priceline or Orbitz than trying to book your room through the airline.
Southwest never charges a change or cancellation fee. If you cancel within 24-hours they will reverse the credit card charge. If you cancel before your flight, they will give you a travel voucher that you can apply for future travel valued at the full price you paid. Voucher isn’t transferable and expires after 1-year, but it beats getting hit with a change fee. Basically, what this means is when you see a good sale like this, you can lock in the price. If it goes lower, call or cancel the ticket and re-book the better price.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Availability: See Calendar.
- Documentation: Passport required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: AUS or SAT – LIR
- Example Dates (Southwest / BookingBuddy) Jan 23 – Jan 27 / Feb 02 – Feb 05 / Jan 27 – Feb 05 / Other dates: Use the “flexible date” tool on Southwest Airlines.
- Carrier: Southwest Airlines
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual: Southwest is revenue based.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 7.86 (3906 miles)
- Full Route: AUS-HOU-LIR-HOU-AUS
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $388
- Open this itinerary on: Southwest Airlines, (Other Airlines: BookingBuddy, Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia)
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Avianca, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).