[11/30/2015 @ 9:58 PM] Open this itinerary here: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
[01/21/2016 @ 6:38 PM] Deal is back.
[01/26/2016 @ 1:54 PM] United has dropped out. American is now offering this sale.
The details on this page was accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
American Airlines has round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) to San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU) for $227 with a connection. Flights January to March. Fare is reversible. It’s possible to book this as two separate one-ways. No passport required for US Territory. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
Note: Southwest has matched this but it connects in either Florida or Baltimore and there are less dates available. If you’re looking for flights on Southwest, be sure to use the Fare Calendar on their site.
Different booking sites may have slightly different prices, availability and routing. You should do a quick check on BookingBuddy to see if you can get a better deal before you finalize your purchase.
If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should use check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Vacation Packages on Travelocity and Priceline are usually better than what is offered directly by the airline, so be sure to compare them all to get the best price.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Travelocity allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United and Delta also allow free cancellations within 24-hours while American only allows you to “Hold” a ticket (without paying) for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The Department of Transportation doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs will allow it while some will not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Availability: See calendar.
- Documentation: No Passport required. Puerto Rico is a US Territory. [More details].
- Departure and Destination Airports: AUS – SJU
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Orbitz) Feb 09 – Feb 16 / Feb 27 – Feb 24 / Feb 24 – Mar 02 / Other dates: Use the +/- 3-day search tool on CheapTickets.
- Carrier: United / American
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual:
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 4.53 (5014 miles)
- Full Route: AUS-MIA-SJU-MIA-AUS
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $259
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).