[07/10/2015 @ 11:38 AM] Open this itinerary here: Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, CheapTickets, BookingBuddy.
[07/10/2015 @ 4:04 PM] Fare has been removed by Delta. Removing from deal list. 🙁
This fare has no blackout dates and allows a New Years Eve vacation in London at a discount rather than an exorbitant premium. I expect flights around New Years and Holidays will sell out first.
Delta and Virgin have round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) to London (LHR) for $806 with a connection. Flights are wide open; every day from late August to March-2016. Flights with two-stops and a lot of airport time are available for $770, not worth it in my opinion, but it’s there if you’re wanting to save a few bucks and like hanging out in airports. See the Flight Details section of this post for example dates.
Here’s an example of a round-trip over New Years, in London (from Priceline).
To save the most money, be sure to make use of the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The Department of Transportation doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs will allow it while some will not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book, please use our links to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
When you begin your search for a Hotel or Vacation Rental in London please use our TripAdvisor: London link to find a good place to stay.
- Availability: See Calendar. No turn-around before first Sunday.
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: AUS – LHR
- Example Dates: (Priceline) Dec 29 – Jan 05 / Dec 22 – Dec 29 / Sep 03 – Sep 13
- Carrier: Delta / Virgin Atlantic
- Fare Basis Code: VLP47US
- Fare Class: V
- Mile Accrual: Delta is revenue based. 50% Mileage accrual if you use an Alaska Air account on flights operated / marketed by Delta.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 8.14 (9830 miles)
- Full Route: AUS-DTW-LHR-DTW-AUS
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, CheapTickets, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).