[07/08/2015 @ 12:54 PM] Open this itinerary on: Google Flights, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, CheapTickets, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
[10/16/2015 @ 5:12 PM] Deal is back. AA is offering.
[10/22/2015 @ 7:23 PM] Another big price drop. Now $455.
[10/22/2015 @ 8:01 PM] Price increased to $565. 🙁
[11/16/2015 @ 7:10 PM] Old post. Removing from deal list. This only prices for flights with long overnight connections. I’ll repost if it comes back on-line with better connection times.
The prices and details in this post were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability of this deal can and will change, given enough time. This website contains references to airfare and accommodation from companies that may compensate this site for the referral to their website when you click on their link or purchase travel.
American Airlines has round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) / San Antonio (SAT) to Sao Paulo (GRU) for $565 with a connection. Flights from October to November. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
Note: Rio (GIG) is also available, but with two connections.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Vacation Packages on Travelocity and Priceline are usually better than what is offered directly by the airline, so be sure to compare them all to get the best price.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Travelocity allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United and Delta also allow free cancellations within 24-hours while American only allows you to “Hold” a ticket (without paying) for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The Department of Transportation doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs will allow it while some will not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull up this fare on Google Flights, other sites seem to price it higher. Screenshot taken at 7:28 PM on 10/22/15.
- Availability: See Calendar.
- Documentation: Passport Required. Visa Required [Documentation Details].
- Departure and Destination Airports: AUS/SAT – GRU
- Example Dates: (Google Flights) Nov 08 – Nov 15 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Carrier: American
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class: Q
- Mile Accrual: 100%
- Stopover component: none
- CPM: 4.06 (11220 miles)
- Full Route: AUS-DFW-GRU-DFW-AUS
- Previous Low Price Average: $833
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, CheapTickets, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).