United has round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) to Indianapolis (IND) for $114 with a connection. Flights May to December. No Monday or Friday departures. Extended Weekends available. Origin/Destination reversible.
Note: United “Basic Economy” fares do not include a free carry-on bag. Only a personal item (like a small laptop bag) is free. Seats are randomly assigned for free prior to boarding. If you have the United MileagePlus credit-card, use the “free checked bag” perk.
Note: The personal item size on United flights is smaller (9-in/10-in/17-in) than Frontier or Spirit (8-in/14-in/18-in).
- Extended Weekend Example Dates: (BookingBuddy / Priceline) May 09 – May 14 / Jun 06 – Jun 11 / Aug 15 – Aug 20 / Sep 05 – Sep 10 / Oct 31 – Nov 05 / Dec 05 – Dec 10 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
- TUE/WED/SAT Example Dates: (BookingBuddy / Priceline) May 08 – May 15 / May 11 – May 14 / May 14 – May 21 / May 15 – May 22 / May 18 – May 21 / May 28 – Jun 04 / May 29 – Jun 05 / Jun 01 – Jun 04 / Jun 04 – Jun 11 / Jun 05 – Jun 12 / Jun 18 – Jun 25 / JuL 16 – JuL 23 / JuL 23 – JuL 30 / JuL 24 – JuL 31 / Aug 07 – Aug 14 / Aug 13 – Aug 20 / Aug 14 – Aug 21 / Aug 17 – Aug 20 / Aug 20 – Aug 27 / Aug 21 – Aug 28 / Aug 24 – Aug 27 / Aug 27 – Sep 03 / Aug 28 – Sep 04 / Aug 31 – Sep 03 / Sep 03 – Sep 10 / Sep 04 – Sep 11 / Sep 07 – Sep 10 / Sep 10 – Sep 17 / Sep 11 – Sep 18 / Sep 14 – Sep 17 / Sep 17 – Sep 24 / Sep 18 – Sep 25 / Sep 21 – Sep 24 / Sep 24 – Oct 01 / Sep 25 – Oct 02 / Sep 28 – Oct 01 / Oct 01 – Oct 08 / Oct 02 – Oct 09 / Oct 05 – Oct 08 / Oct 08 – Oct 15 / Oct 09 – Oct 16 / Oct 12 – Oct 15 / Oct 15 – Oct 22 / Oct 16 – Oct 23 / Oct 22 – Oct 29 / Oct 26 – Oct 29 / Oct 29 – Nov 05 / Nov 02 – Nov 05 / Nov 05 – Nov 12 / Nov 09 – Nov 12 / Nov 16 – Nov 19 / Dec 03 – Dec 10 / Dec 04 – Dec 11 / Dec 07 – Dec 10 / Dec 10 – Dec 17 / Dec 11 – Dec 18 / Dec 14 – Dec 17 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Tips: Vacation rentals on Vrbo are usually cheaper per night for longer stays than shorter stays. This is due to three main factors; The first is that most properties have a cleaning fee that is a fixed rate, the second is that many hosts provide discounts for stays longer than 6-days, the third is that the Vrbo service fee percentage is higher on short stays.
- Tips: You can (and should) sort the Vrbo vacation rental search results by “Total” price. Doing so exposes properties with high fees. For example, a $140 per-night property with $100 fees will rank as being more expensive than a $150 per-night property with $30 fees, when sorted. Sorting by “most reviews” is also a good option, as this will show you the most popular properties.
- Tips: Rent a car for cheaper by using Priceline’s “Express Deals”. The rental car company will be hidden until after you purchase, but this allows those companies to undercut the published rate indirectly. You can remove low quality companies from those hidden results. The trick is to use the quality filter on their website to remove any rental car company with a review rating under 7.0 and then pick the deals that survive the filter.
- Tips: Use Tripadvisor to create a Hotel “short list”. First, plug in your dates and destination. Then select “Sort by Traveler Ranked”. Finally, select the “Traveler Ranking” filter to show “only 4* and up”. Use this resulting “short list” of hotels to find the cheapest one with a high ranking.
- Tips: Hotel rates for Weekend dates are usually higher than the rates for Sunday through Thursday. Tripadvisor has a color-coded date calendar, red when the average hotel price for that day is more expensive, green for less expensive. You can use this to get an overview of what dates in the month are at a discount.
- Tips: Different booking websites will often have differing routes, prices, and availability. Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy, Skyscanner, and Kayak to see if any other site or airline is offering a better deal.
- Join our instant notification Telegram Channels: (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago & Milwaukee / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Instagram (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Say Hello on Twitter (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Like us on Facebook (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
I was able to pull this up on Priceline. Screenshot taken when this post was initially created. See timestamps at the top of this post.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $224
- Book this fare on: Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, SkyScanner, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, CheapTickets.
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Avianca, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).