[04/11/2022 @ 01:12 PM CT] Book this fare on: Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, Tripadvisor, Skyscanner, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, CheapTickets, Kayak.
[04/13/2022 @ 08:28 AM CT] Deal expired or removed. If it goes back online we will send out another notification.
American Airlines, Finnair, and Iberia have round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) to Helsinki (HEL) for $500-$514 with a connection. Flights April, May, September, October, November, December, January, and February. Departures on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Sunday. 7-day minimum stay required.
A Carry-on bag and also a personal item is allowed for free on American. You can avoid paying for seat selection by accepting the randomly assigned seat at the gate.
Booking a Flight+Hotel together as a package will usually be cheaper than booking each one separately. You can easily construct your own package deals on Expedia, Travelocity, and Priceline. The savings amount will vary depending on the combination of website, flight, and hotel, so be sure to compare the checkout prices on each site before purchase.
Want a notification sent straight to your phone when any new deals are found? Join our Telegram channel and never miss another deal.
Our website wouldn’t be possible without the direct financial support from our Patreons. If you like the work that we do, then consider becoming a Patreon supporter. We send our supporters an additional daily recap of every fare below the 9-month moving average.
We don’t charge a subscription fee. All our deal notifications are available for FREE via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, our Webpage, and our E-mail list. If you are paying someone a subscription fee for this content, you are being ripped off.
- Austin to Helsinki - Example Dates: (Bookingbuddy / Priceline) Apr 26 - May 03 / Apr 27 - May 10 / May 01 - May 10 / May 03 - May 10 / May 03 - May 12 / May 04 - May 17 / May 08 - May 17 / May 10 - May 17 / May 10 - May 19 / May 15 - May 24 / May 17 - May 24 / May 17 - May 26 / May 22 - May 31 / May 24 - May 31 / May 24 - Jun 02 / Sep 04 - Sep 13 / Sep 06 - Sep 13 / Sep 06 - Sep 15 / Sep 07 - Sep 20 / Sep 11 - Sep 20 / Sep 13 - Sep 20 / Sep 13 - Sep 22 / Sep 14 - Sep 27 / Sep 18 - Sep 27 / Sep 20 - Sep 27 / Sep 20 - Sep 29 / Sep 21 - Oct 04 / Sep 25 - Oct 04 / Sep 27 - Oct 04 / Sep 27 - Oct 06 / Sep 28 - Oct 11 / Oct 02 - Oct 11 / Oct 04 - Oct 11 / Oct 05 - Oct 18 / Oct 09 - Oct 18 / Oct 11 - Oct 18 / Oct 11 - Oct 20 / Oct 12 - Oct 25 / Oct 16 - Oct 25 / Oct 18 - Oct 25 / Oct 18 - Oct 27 / Oct 19 - Nov 01 / Oct 25 - Nov 01 / Oct 25 - Nov 03 / Oct 26 - Nov 08 / Oct 30 - Nov 08 / Nov 01 - Nov 08 / Nov 01 - Nov 10 / Nov 06 - Nov 15 / Nov 08 - Nov 15 / Nov 08 - Nov 17 / Nov 13 - Nov 22 / Nov 15 - Nov 22 / Nov 15 - Nov 24 / Nov 22 - Nov 29 / Nov 22 - Dec 01 / Nov 27 - Dec 06 / Nov 29 - Dec 06 / Nov 29 - Dec 08 / Dec 04 - Dec 13 / Dec 06 - Dec 13 / Dec 06 - Dec 15 / Jan 10 - Jan 17 / Jan 10 - Jan 19 / Jan 15 - Jan 24 / Jan 17 - Jan 24 / Jan 17 - Jan 26 / Jan 22 - Jan 31 / Jan 24 - Jan 31 / Jan 24 - Feb 02 / Jan 29 - Feb 07 / Jan 31 - Feb 07 / Jan 31 - Feb 09 / Feb 05 - Feb 14 / Feb 07 - Feb 14 / Feb 07 - Feb 16 / Feb 12 - Feb 21 / Feb 14 - Feb 21 / Feb 14 - Feb 23 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Tips: Vacation rentals on Vrbo are usually cheaper per night for longer stays than shorter stays. This is due to three main factors; The first is that most properties have a cleaning fee that is a fixed rate, the second is that many hosts provide discounts for stays longer than 6-days, the third is that the Vrbo service fee percentage is higher on short stays.
- Tips: You can (and should) sort the Vrbo vacation rental search results by “Total” price. Doing so exposes properties with high fees. For example, a $140 per-night property with $100 fees will rank as being more expensive than a $150 per-night property with $30 fees, when sorted. Sorting by “most reviews” is also a good option, as this will show you the most popular properties.
- Tips: Rent a car for cheaper by using Priceline’s “Express Deals”. The rental car company will be hidden until after you purchase, but this allows those companies to undercut the published rate indirectly. You can remove low quality companies from those hidden results. The trick is to use the quality filter on their website to remove any rental car company with a review rating under 7.0 and then pick the deals that survive the filter.
- Tips: Use Tripadvisor to create a Hotel “short list”. First, plug in your dates and destination. Then select “Sort by Traveler Ranked”. Finally, select the “Traveler Ranking” filter to show “only 4* and up”. Use this resulting “short list” of hotels to find the cheapest one with a high ranking.
- Tips: Hotel rates for Weekend dates are usually higher than the rates for Sunday through Thursday. Tripadvisor has a color-coded date calendar, red when the average hotel price for that day is more expensive, green for less expensive. You can use this to get an overview of what dates in the month are at a discount.
- Tips: Different booking websites will often have differing routes, prices, and availability. Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy, Skyscanner, and Kayak to see if any other site or airline is offering a better deal.
- Join our instant notification Telegram Channels: (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago & Milwaukee / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Instagram (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Say Hello on Twitter (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Like us on Facebook (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
I was able to pull this up on Priceline. Screenshot taken when this post was initially created. See timestamps at the top of this post.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $574
- Book this fare on: Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, Tripadvisor, Skyscanner, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, CheapTickets, Kayak.
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Avianca, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).