The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamp). Deals are usually valid 24 to 72 hours after posting, but can expire at any time. This website contains cookies for personalized ads and links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link. By continuing to use this website, you consent to the use of ads, affiliate links, and cookies.
American Airlines and JAL have round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) to Tokyo (HND/NRT) for $493 with a connection. Flights in May, July, August, September, December, and January. Departures on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Sunday. 7-day minimum stay required.
COVID travel restrictions are still in place, but this may be worthwhile for the 2022 dates.
American is no longer allowing changes for Basic Economy fares Domestically or to Asia, if you want free cancellation, it’s available in Main Cabin and higher fares. Carry-on bag is allowed for free. You can avoid paying for seat selection by accepting the randomly assigned seat at the gate.
Want a notification sent straight to your phone when any new deals are found? Join our Telegram channel and never miss another deal.
Patreon supporters receive a recap of all the airfare deals currently available from Austin and San Antonio everyday.
We don’t charge a subscription fee. Our deal notifications are available for FREE via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, our Webpage, and our E-mail list. If you are paying someone a subscription fee for this content, you are being ripped off.
- Austin to Tokyo – Example Dates: (Skyscanner / Priceline) May 02 – May 12 / May 03 – May 13 / May 04 – May 11 / May 04 – May 14 / May 05 – May 12 / May 09 – May 19 / May 10 – May 20 / May 11 – May 18 / May 11 – May 21 / May 12 – May 19 / JuL 04 – JuL 14 / JuL 05 – JuL 15 / JuL 06 – JuL 13 / JuL 06 – JuL 16 / JuL 07 – JuL 14 / JuL 11 – JuL 21 / JuL 12 – JuL 22 / JuL 13 – JuL 20 / JuL 13 – JuL 23 / JuL 14 – JuL 21 / JuL 18 – JuL 28 / JuL 19 – JuL 29 / JuL 20 – JuL 27 / JuL 20 – JuL 30 / JuL 21 – JuL 28 / JuL 25 – Aug 04 / JuL 26 – Aug 05 / JuL 27 – Aug 03 / JuL 27 – Aug 06 / JuL 28 – Aug 04 / Aug 02 – Aug 12 / Aug 03 – Aug 10 / Aug 03 – Aug 13 / Aug 08 – Aug 18 / Aug 09 – Aug 19 / Aug 10 – Aug 17 / Aug 10 – Aug 20 / Aug 11 – Aug 18 / Aug 15 – Aug 25 / Aug 16 – Aug 26 / Aug 17 – Aug 24 / Aug 17 – Aug 27 / Aug 18 – Aug 25 / Aug 22 – Sep 01 / Aug 23 – Sep 02 / Aug 24 – Aug 31 / Aug 24 – Sep 03 / Aug 25 – Sep 01 / Aug 29 – Sep 08 / Aug 30 – Sep 09 / Aug 31 – Sep 07 / Aug 31 – Sep 10 / Sep 01 – Sep 08 / Sep 05 – Sep 15 / Sep 06 – Sep 16 / Sep 07 – Sep 14 / Sep 07 – Sep 17 / Sep 08 – Sep 15 / Sep 12 – Sep 22 / Sep 13 – Sep 23 / Sep 14 – Sep 21 / Sep 14 – Sep 24 / Sep 15 – Sep 22 / Dec 05 – Dec 15 / Dec 06 – Dec 16 / Jan 02 – Jan 12 / Jan 03 – Jan 13 / Jan 04 – Jan 11 / Jan 04 – Jan 14 / Jan 05 – Jan 12 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Tips: Vacation rentals on Vrbo are usually cheaper per night for longer stays than shorter stays. This is due to three main factors; The first is that most properties have a cleaning fee that is a fixed rate, the second is that many hosts provide discounts for stays longer than 6-days, the third is that the Vrbo service fee percentage is higher on short stays.
- Tips: You can (and should) sort the Vrbo vacation rental search results by “Total” price. Doing so exposes properties with high fees. For example, a $140 per-night property with $100 fees will rank as being more expensive than a $150 per-night property with $30 fees, when sorted. Sorting by “most reviews” is also a good option, as this will show you the most popular properties.
- Tips: Rent a car for cheaper by using Priceline’s “Express Deals”. The rental car company will be hidden until after you purchase, but this allows those companies to undercut the published rate indirectly. You can remove low quality companies from those hidden results. The trick is to use the quality filter on their website to remove any rental car company with a review rating under 7.0 and then pick the deals that survive the filter.
- Tips: Use Tripadvisor to create a Hotel “short list”. First, plug in your dates and destination. Then select “Sort by Traveler Ranked”. Finally, select the “Traveler Ranking” filter to show “only 4* and up”. Use this resulting “short list” of hotels to find the cheapest one with a high ranking.
- Tips: Hotel rates for Weekend dates are usually higher than the rates for Sunday through Thursday. Tripadvisor has a color-coded date calendar, red when the average hotel price for that day is more expensive, green for less expensive. You can use this to get an overview of what dates in the month are at a discount.
- Tips: Different booking websites will often have differing routes, prices, and availability. Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy, Skyscanner, and Kayak to see if any other site or airline is offering a better deal.
- Join our instant notification Telegram Channels: (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago & Milwaukee / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Instagram (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Say Hello on Twitter (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Like us on Facebook (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
I was able to pull this up on Priceline. Screenshot taken when this post was initially created. See timestamps at the top of this post.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $937
- Book this fare on: Priceline, Travelocity, Tripadvisor, Skyscanner, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, CheapTickets.
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Avianca, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).