[08/21/2023 @ 05:07 PM CT] Deal time-stamp.
[2023-08-29 08:26:00] Deal expired or removed. If it goes back online we will send out another notification.
Deals are usually valid 24 to 72 hours after posting, but can expire at any time (see time-stamp).
JetBlue and Delta have round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) to Boston (BOS) for $158, NONSTOP. Flights September, October, November, and January. Departures on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Extended weekends available. Origin/Destination reversible. No Thanksgiving dates.
A Carry-on bag and also a personal item is allowed for free on Delta. You can avoid paying for seat selection by accepting the randomly assigned seat at the gate.
If you use the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card, your first checked bag is free, you can get priority boarding, 20% off inflight food/beverage purchases, and 15% off Delta points travel purchases on Delta operated flights. Terms apply. American Express is an Escape ATX advertiser.
JetBlue’s “Basic” fares only allow a small personal item (17 x 13 x 8 inches), like a Jansport SuperBreak backpack without a fee. A regular sized carry-on bag will incur a bag fee. To avoid bag fees, consider using a credit card with the “first free checked bag” perk.
If you have the JetBlue Plus Card, the first checked-bag for you and up to 3 of your companions is free, you get 10% of your points back as a bonus after you redeem and travel on a JetBlue-operated Award Flight, and a 50% discount on inflight food purchases on JetBlue-operated flights.
Here are some other offers that we think are worth mentioning. List updated 09/26/2023.
We now list coupon codes, discount codes, gift card discounts, and credit card offers that offer a better value than their historical averages.
- Deal is back – Inc Business Cash® / Ink Business Unlimited®: 90,000 Ultimate Rewards sign-up bonus after you spend $6,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. $0 Annual fee. Was 75,000 ($750). Sign-up bonus is credited as Ultimate Rewards points.
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card: Spending requirement for 100,000 Ultimate Rewards points decreased to $8,000 after 3-months of being approved. This change will make it more likely that new applicants will be able to hit the requirement for the large sign-up bonus available on this card and it is the best sign-up offer we’ve seen for this card so-far. Previous spending requirement was $15,000, much higher.
- Airfare coupons on Hopper: (updated daily-ish) Hopper always has discount coupons on their main page. Noteworthy discounts: $50 Fiji Airways. $25 off Hyatt Hotels. $100 off Bermuda. $50 off Abu Dhabi. The full list is on Hopper’s website. Keep in mind that Hopper is an OTA, so don’t expect them to honor the free 24-hour cancellation period, or to have the lowest base fare price. Their customer service is via “App only”, a negative for sure. Hopper will also try to up-sell you on a lot of extras like “cancel for any reason” policies, if you decide to use Hopper we advise that you decline all of those extras.
- Southwest has a 50% off coupon. Deal ends 09/28 at midnight (use code: WOW50). This sale is being matched by most major airlines, without a code requirement.
Want a notification sent straight to your phone when any new deals are found? Join our Telegram channel and never miss another deal.
Our website wouldn’t be possible without the direct financial support from our Patreons. If you like the work that we do, then consider becoming a Patreon supporter. We send our supporters an additional daily recap of every fare below the 6-month moving average.
We don’t charge a subscription fee. All our deal notifications are available for FREE via Instagram, Mastodon, Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, our Webpage, and our E-mail list. If you are paying someone a subscription fee for this content, you are being ripped off.
- Austin to Boston - Example Dates: (Expedia / Travelocity) Jan 03 - Jan 06 / Jan 04 - Jan 06 / Other dates: There may be more dates available than the ones we list here, use the "flexible date" button on Expedia to find similar fares.
- Vacation rentals in Boston under $160 a night: (Vrbo) Jan 03 - Jan 06 / Jan 04 - Jan 06 / Note: There are more properties available outside of the $160 price filter. To see those, remove the filter on the VRBO search page.
- Hotels in Boston under $200 a night: (Hotels.com) Jan 03 - Jan 06 / Jan 04 - Jan 06 / Note: There are more hotels available outside of the $200 price filter. To see those, remove the filter on the hotels.com search page.
I was able to pull this up on Expedia.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Tips: Use Tripadvisor to create a Hotel “short list”. First, plug in your dates and destination. Then select “Sort by Traveler Ranked”. Finally, select the “Traveler Ranking” filter to show “only 4* and up”. Use this resulting “short list” of hotels to find the cheapest one with a high ranking.
- Tips: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card allows for 1-to-1 point transfers to several airline loyalty programs. Booking with points is a good alternative to paying with cash when the price of airfare is high. Here is the current list of Chase Sapphire transfer partners: United, Southwest, jetBlue, British Airways, Iberia, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Air France, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, Aer Lingus, and Air Canada.
- Tips: Vacation rentals on Vrbo are usually cheaper per night for longer stays than shorter stays. This is due to three main factors; The first is that most properties have a cleaning fee that is a fixed rate, the second is that many hosts provide discounts for stays longer than 6-days, the third is that the Vrbo service fee percentage is higher on short stays.
- Tips: You can (and should) sort the Vrbo vacation rental search results by “Total” price. Doing so exposes properties with high fees. For example, a $140 per-night property with $100 fees will rank as being more expensive than a $150 per-night property with $30 fees, when sorted. Sorting by “most reviews” is also a good option, as this will show you the most popular properties.
- Tips: Rent a car for cheaper by using Priceline’s “Express Deals”. The rental car company will be hidden until after you purchase, but this allows those companies to undercut the published rate indirectly. You can remove low quality companies from those hidden results. The trick is to use the quality filter on their website to remove any rental car company with a review rating under 7.0 and then pick the deals that survive the filter.
- Tips: Hotel rates for Weekend dates are usually higher than the rates for Sunday through Thursday. Tripadvisor has a color-coded date calendar, red when the average hotel price for that day is more expensive, green for less expensive. You can use this to get an overview of what dates in the month are at a discount.
- Tips: Different booking websites will often have differing routes, prices, and availability. Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy, Skyscanner, and Kayak to see if any other site or airline is offering a better deal.
- Join our instant notification Telegram Channels: (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago & Milwaukee / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Instagram (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Mastodon (Houston / Dallas / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Say Hello on Twitter (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Like us on Facebook (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Avianca, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).