The Amazon Prime Visa Card has a new $200 gift card welcome-offer for existing Prime members. This offer is the best that we’ve seen for this no-annual-fee card.
We’re highlighting this card due to several reasons:
- the 5% cash-back on Chase Travel, Amazon, and Whole Foods purchases is really good,
- the $200 Amazon gift card welcome-offer is the best we’ve seen for this card,
- the 2% cash-back on restaurants, gas stations, and local transit is also an added bonus,
- there is no-annual-fee.
The catch is that the $200 gift card welcome-offer is only for existing Amazon Prime members.
There are a few things to point out about this deal:
- As previously mentioned, this is the best offer we’ve seen historically for this card. Previous offers have also been $200. This offer seems to happen every three to six months.
- This offer is scheduled to end on December 4th.
- This card is good for existing Amazon Prime members. If you don’t have a Amazon Prime membership, then you’ll earn 3% cash-back instead of 5% for the highest categories.
- Like most credit cards, avoid paying interest on outstanding balances. Pay your balance in full.
- With Chase, you are likely to be denied if you have opened 5 or more cards with ANY bank within the past 24 months. Chase business cards don’t count towards the 5 card rule, but if you try to apply for one after you have opened 5 or more cards, you will likely be denied. If you are planning to apply for multiple cards, you should consider opening Chase business cards first, then Chase personal cards, and finally any other cards with any other bank.
- Avoid applying for two or more Chase cards per month. Doing so increases your risk of being denied.
- If you get denied and you have good credit, call their reconsideration hotline: 1-888-270-2127. Calling may not change the outcome, but there is a chance it will. You’ll also be able to get better insight in why your application was denied.
- After submitting your application you can check your application status at: 1-888-338-2586. Wait at least an hour after you submit your application before calling.
- Member FDIC