[07/25/2023 @ 7:56 AM CT] Deal time-stamp.
[07/26/2023 @ 05:10 PM] Removed expired fares. A few are still available.
Deals are usually valid 24 to 72 hours after posting, but can expire at any time (see time-stamp).
Southwest is marketing a sale today as requiring a coupon-code “29OFF”, which doesn’t seem to really be a requirement. If you use the search calendar, the discount is already applied. They are also marketing this as a limited, California only sale, and again, this doesn’t seem to be correct. We’re also seeing lower fares for many destinations outside of and not departing from California. Unlike some blogs, we’ve manually looked at all of their major routes and noted which ones are really on sale, and which aren’t.
Southwest has round-trip flights from Austin and San Antonio to various destinations in the USA at a discount today for $110-$238, NONSTOP or with a connection. Dates vary, use the linked calendar. Origin/Destination reversible. No Major Holiday dates available. We believe these discount fares will end of 07/26/2023.
- This sale is inferior to the previous 40% off Southwest sale that happened last month, but we’re seeing prices that have dipped below our 6-month moving average threshold for the fares we’re listing here.
If you like this style of report, it’s a subset of daily Patreon recap [link]. That recap is the unfiltered list of every fare that was priced below the 6-month moving average on every airline. If you’re interested, there is a free 7-day preview.
Here are some other offers that we think are worth mentioning. List updated 09/26/2023.
We now list coupon codes, discount codes, gift card discounts, and credit card offers that offer a better value than their historical averages.
- Deal is back – Inc Business Cash® / Ink Business Unlimited®: 90,000 Ultimate Rewards sign-up bonus after you spend $6,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. $0 Annual fee. Was 75,000 ($750). Sign-up bonus is credited as Ultimate Rewards points.
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card: Spending requirement for 100,000 Ultimate Rewards points decreased to $8,000 after 3-months of being approved. This change will make it more likely that new applicants will be able to hit the requirement for the large sign-up bonus available on this card and it is the best sign-up offer we’ve seen for this card so-far. Previous spending requirement was $15,000, much higher.
- Airfare coupons on Hopper: (updated daily-ish) Hopper always has discount coupons on their main page. Noteworthy discounts: $50 Fiji Airways. $25 off Hyatt Hotels. $100 off Bermuda. $50 off Abu Dhabi. The full list is on Hopper’s website. Keep in mind that Hopper is an OTA, so don’t expect them to honor the free 24-hour cancellation period, or to have the lowest base fare price. Their customer service is via “App only”, a negative for sure. Hopper will also try to up-sell you on a lot of extras like “cancel for any reason” policies, if you decide to use Hopper we advise that you decline all of those extras.
- Southwest has a 50% off coupon. Deal ends 09/28 at midnight (use code: WOW50). This sale is being matched by most major airlines, without a code requirement.
Want a notification sent straight to your phone when any new deals are found? Join our Telegram channel and never miss another deal.
Our website wouldn’t be possible without the direct financial support from our Patreons. If you like the work that we do, then consider becoming a Patreon supporter. We send our supporters an additional daily recap of every fare below the 6-month moving average.
We don’t charge a subscription fee. All our deal notifications are available for FREE via Instagram, Mastodon, Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, our Webpage, and our E-mail list. If you are paying someone a subscription fee for this content, you are being ripped off.
Southwest Airlines Flights from Austin
- $118: AUS – New Orleans
- : SWA Economy – (lowest moving average: $127) – deal time: 7/24/2023 1:18:00 PM
- $192: AUS – Oakland
- : SWA Economy – (lowest moving average: $231) – deal time: 7/25/2023 4:49:00 AM
- $148: AUS – San Diego
- : SWA Economy – (lowest moving average: $196) – deal time: 7/25/2023 4:34:00 AM
- $154: AUS – Santa Ana
- : SWA Economy – (lowest moving average: $234) – deal time: 7/25/2023 4:54:00 AM
Southwest Airlines Flights from San Antonio
- $145: SAT – Los Angeles
- : SWA Economy – (lowest moving average: $229) – deal time: 7/25/2023 12:01:00 PM
- $158: SAT – New Orleans
- : SWA Economy – (lowest moving average: $176) – deal time: 7/25/2023 8:38:00 PM
- $168: SAT – Oakland
- : SWA Economy – (lowest moving average: $241) – deal time: 7/25/2023 3:00:00 AM
- $168: SAT – San Francisco
- : SWA Economy – (lowest moving average: $260) – deal time: 7/25/2023 3:09:00 AM
- $190: SAT – Sacramento
- : SWA Economy – (lowest moving average: $321) – deal time: 7/25/2023 8:40:00 PM
- $177: SAT – Santa Ana
- : SWA Economy – (lowest moving average: $279) – deal time: 7/25/2023 2:47:00 AM
I was able to pull this up on Southwest.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Tips: Use Tripadvisor to create a Hotel “short list”. First, plug in your dates and destination. Then select “Sort by Traveler Ranked”. Finally, select the “Traveler Ranking” filter to show “only 4* and up”. Use this resulting “short list” of hotels to find the cheapest one with a high ranking.
- Tips: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card allows for 1-to-1 point transfers to several airline loyalty programs. Booking with points is a good alternative to paying with cash when the price of airfare is high. Here is the current list of Chase Sapphire transfer partners: United, Southwest, jetBlue, British Airways, Iberia, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Air France, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, Aer Lingus, and Air Canada.
- Tips: Vacation rentals on Vrbo are usually cheaper per night for longer stays than shorter stays. This is due to three main factors; The first is that most properties have a cleaning fee that is a fixed rate, the second is that many hosts provide discounts for stays longer than 6-days, the third is that the Vrbo service fee percentage is higher on short stays.
- Tips: You can (and should) sort the Vrbo vacation rental search results by “Total” price. Doing so exposes properties with high fees. For example, a $140 per-night property with $100 fees will rank as being more expensive than a $150 per-night property with $30 fees, when sorted. Sorting by “most reviews” is also a good option, as this will show you the most popular properties.
- Tips: Rent a car for cheaper by using Priceline’s “Express Deals”. The rental car company will be hidden until after you purchase, but this allows those companies to undercut the published rate indirectly. You can remove low quality companies from those hidden results. The trick is to use the quality filter on their website to remove any rental car company with a review rating under 7.0 and then pick the deals that survive the filter.
- Tips: Hotel rates for Weekend dates are usually higher than the rates for Sunday through Thursday. Tripadvisor has a color-coded date calendar, red when the average hotel price for that day is more expensive, green for less expensive. You can use this to get an overview of what dates in the month are at a discount.
- Tips: Different booking websites will often have differing routes, prices, and availability. Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy, Skyscanner, and Kayak to see if any other site or airline is offering a better deal.
- Join our instant notification Telegram Channels: (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago & Milwaukee / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Instagram (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Mastodon (Houston / Dallas / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Say Hello on Twitter (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Like us on Facebook (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Avianca, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).