Updated: 05/18/2023 @ 6:29 PM –
This offer is ending 5/25 at 9:00AM EST.
Updated: 05/24/2023 @ 4:49 PM – Chase has removed their offer early. We’re seeing only the 60,000 point offer (after $4,000 spend in 3/months) now.
Updated: 05/25/2023 @ 11:03 PM – Still seeing it available on Chase’s website, but they plan on ending the offer in the next few days. We’ve linked to where we last saw the deal.
Updated: 05/26/2023 @ 11:21 AM – Looks like the deal is no longer on Chase’s website. We will mark this deal as expired.
THIS OFFER HAS EXPIRED. THE CURRENT OFFER HAS DECREASED BACK TO 60,000 POINTS.
WE WILL LEAVE THE ORIGINAL (Expired) OFFER TEXT HERE SO YOU CAN COMPARE IT TO FUTURE OFFERS.
Chase has increased the sign-up bonus for the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. It is now an 80,000 point bonus instead of 60,000. If you don’t already have this card and want one for the ability to transfer points to various airline and hotel programs, then now is a good time to apply due to the larger sign-up bonus.
Link: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
There are a few things to point out about this deal:
- I use this card to transfer points to airline and hotel programs. This gives me flexibility on which airlines and hotels I use for reward travel.
- The travel partners that I think are worth mentioning are: United, Southwest, jetBlue, British Airways, Iberia, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Air France, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, Aer Lingus, Air Canada, Hyatt, and Marriott Bonvoy.
- You must spend $4000 or more in the first three months after you receive your Card to get the sign-up bonus.
- This card has an annual fee of: $95
- With Chase, you are likely to be denied if you have opened 5 or more cards with ANY bank within the past 24 months. Chase business cards don’t count towards the 5 card rule, but if you try to apply for one after you have opened 5 or more cards, you will likely be denied. If you are planning to apply for multiple cards, you should consider opening Chase business cards first, then Chase personal cards, and finally any other cards with any other bank.
- You may be able to get a 90,000 point offer by applying in-person at a local Chase branch office, but the spending requirement to get the bonus is higher, $6000 instead of $4000.
- American Express currently has a competing offer for the American Express® Green Card: They have recently increased their welcome offer by +15,000 to 60,000 Amex Membership Rewards® points. The welcome offer applies after spending $3,000 in the first 6 months of being approved for the card. Plus, earn 20% back on eligible travel and transit purchases made during your first 6 months of Card Membership, up to $200 back in the form of a statement credit. This card has an annual fee of: $150. For rates and fees of the American Express® Green Card, please visit [link]. Terms apply. American Express is an Escape ATX advertiser.
- If you get denied and you have good credit, call their reconsideration hotline: 1-888-270-2127. Calling may not change the outcome, but there is a chance it will. You’ll also be able to get better insight in why your application was denied.