The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
Air France and SkyTeam partners have round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) to Athens (ATH) or Budapest (BUD) starting at $470. Most flights require two connections. Very limited availability. Flights March to April.
Note: The cheapest round-trip to Athens (1-stop) that we found was for Apr 20 – Apr 27 – $470. Other dates require 2-stops and cost about $530.
- Athens – Example Dates: (Priceline / Air France) Mar 01 – Mar 08 / Mar 06 – Mar 13 / Mar 16 – Mar 22 / Mar 22 – Mar 29 / Mar 30 – Apr 06 / Apr 20 – Apr 27 / Other dates: Use Air France‘s website to list prices for dates +/- 3-days around the dates selected. Stick close to the example dates listed here.
- Budapest – Example Dates: (Priceline / Travelocity) Mar 01 – Mar 08 / Mar 07 – Mar 14 / Mar 14 – Mar 21 / Mar 22 – Mar 29 / Mar 30 – Apr 06 / Apr 05 – Apr 12 / Apr 12 – Apr 19 / Apr 19 – Apr 26 / Other dates: Use Delta’s “Flexible Date” calendar Stick close to the example dates listed here.
- Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy to see if any other airline or website is offering a better deal. Airlines tend to match or offer competitive fares when competitors go on sale.
- If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
- Avoid booking on the sites that link through Momondo. We often receive reports of tickets and prices NOT being honored by the agents and sites that they link to.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Travelocity, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancellation” next to the button to purchase the ticket.
- Full Route: AUS-JFK-ATH-JFK-AUS
- Previous Lowest Price Average: Athens = $1056 / Budapest $929
- Book this fare on: Air France, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingBuddy, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia.
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).