[05/27/2016 @ 5:35 PM] Book this fare on: Priceline, Travelocity, BookingBuddy, Southwest, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia, Hotwire.
[07/24/2016 @ 6:32 PM] Still available.
[07/28/2016 @ 11:49 PM] Southwest is still available. Most UA increased to $133.
[06/01/2017 @ 6:52 PM] Old post clean-up. Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
Southwest and United have round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) to Denver (DEN) for $117, NONSTOP. $59 each way. Flights MON-THU+SAT mid-August to November. No Fridays or Sundays. Fare is reversible. Holiday Blackouts apply.
Note: United has better availability than Southwest at the moment.
- Example Dates: UNITED (Priceline / Travelocity) Aug 24 – Aug 31 / Sep 17 – Sep 20 / Oct 29 – Nov 01 / Oct 29 – Nov 05 / Nov 03 – Nov 08 / Nov 10 – Nov 15 / Other dates: Use the calendar snapshot below.
- Example Dates: Southwest (Southwest) Sep 07 – Sep 14 / Other dates: Use the Fare Calendar on the Southwest Airlines website.
- To find this fare on Southwest Airlines you need to be using the Flexible Dates Calendar. If you’re randomly plugging in dates you’re going to have a hard time finding discount fares.
- Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy to see if any other airline or website is offering a better deal. Airlines tend to match or offer competitive fares when competitors go on sale.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
Fare availability screenshots were taken at 6:00 PM on 07/24/16.
- United Departing Flights:
- United Returning Flights:
- Southwest Airlines Flights:
If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Travelocity, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancellation” next to the button to purchase the ticket.
Southwest never charges a change or cancellation fee. If you cancel within 24-hours they will reverse the credit card charge. If you cancel before your flight, they will give you a travel voucher that you can apply for future travel valued at the full price you paid. Voucher isn’t transferable and expires after 1-year, but it beats getting hit with a change fee.
Most airlines offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight
- Full Route: AUS-DEN-AUS
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $147
- Book this fare on: Priceline, Travelocity, BookingBuddy, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia, Hotwire.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Avianca, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).