[07/22/2015 @ 02:48 PM] Open this itinerary here: Orbitz, CheapTickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
[07/28/2015 @ 11:25 AM] AA is currently matching.
[08/06/2015 @ 1:04 PM] Due to the advance purchase requirement, most of the available days in August are expiring. Updated calendar.
United and Delta are offering round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) to Los Angeles (LAX) for $177, NONSTOP. Flights are available most days of the week in August, including weekends. Fare is reversible. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
To save the most money, be sure to make use of the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours after purchase while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The Department of Transportation doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs will allow it while some will not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
Booking your trip as Flight+Hotel package will probably save you more money than booking both separately.
- Availability: See Calendar.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight
- Departure and Destination Airports: AUS – LAX
- Example Dates: (Priceline) Aug 28 – Aug 31 /
Aug 21 – Aug 24/ Aug 14 – Aug 17 / Aug 18-20 – Aug 24-31
- Carrier: United or Delta
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual: United and Delta are revenue based.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 7.13 (2484 miles)
- Full Route: AUS-LAX-AUS
- Open this itinerary on: Orbitz, CheapTickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner
- Airlines:Southwest Vacations, Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).