[07/07/2015 @ 10:51 AM] Open this itinerary here: Priceline, CheapTickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
[07/08/2015 @ 12:46 PM] Southwest Airlines is now matching.
[07/17/2015 @ 10:37 AM] Deal is not currently available. Removed from deal list.
[07/21/2015 @ 11:28 AM] Deal is back.
[08/13/2015 @ 10:28 AM] Price is still available.
United and Southwest Airlines are offering round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) to Newark (EWR) for $177, NONSTOP. Flights late August to mid-December. Fare is reversible. Holiday blackouts apply. See the Flight Details section of this post for example dates.
Saturday departures with Monday returns available for those of you who just want a short weekend vacation.
Southwest Airlines is matching this sale.
To save the most money, be sure to make use of the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
Note that the DOT doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs allow it while some do not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
When you are ready to book, please use our links to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
When you begin your search for a Hotel or Vacation Rental in New York please use our TripAdvisor: New York link to find a good place to stay. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately.
- Availability: See Calendar. Best departures marked as green.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Departure and Destination Airports: AUS – EWR
- Example Dates: (Priceline) Sep 12 – Sep 26 /
Aug 26 – Aug 31/ Oct 15 – Oct 20/ Sep 24 – Sep 28/ Oct 03 – Oct 05, 06 / Oct 10 – Oct 13 / Aug 27 – Aug 31
- Example Dates: Southwest Airlines Sep 23 – Sep 30
- Carrier: United
- Fare Basis Code: NAG21AKS
- Fare Class: N
- Mile Accrual: United is revenue based at 5 points per dollar.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 5.86 (3008 miles)
- Full Route: AUS-EWR-AUS
- Lowest Price Average: $255
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, CheapTickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner
- Airlines:Southwest Vacations, Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).