The details on this page was accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
Delta has round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) or San Antonio (SAT) to Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR) for $346 with a connection. Flights in April. 7-day minimum stay. 50 day advance purchase. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
San Jose (SJO) is also available for $316, but on very few dates. Try: Apr 12 – Apr 19 or Apr 19 – Apr 26. Same 7-day rule applies.
Note: This destination often gets matched by the other major airlines, sometimes for a cheaper price. You may want to check your dates on BookingBuddy to see if any of the other airlines have better prices or better dates.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should use check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
To save the most money, be sure to make use of the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Priceline and Orbitz tend to have cheaper package deals than what the airlines usually offer on their sites, so be sure to compare the package costs on several different booking sites to make sure you’re getting the least expensive one.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The DOT doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs allow it while some do not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- AUSTIN: Valid Departure days: April 05-07, 09, 12, 12-16, 19.
- AUSTIN: Valid Return days: April 12, 16, 19, 26. NOTE: MUST STAY AT LEAST 7-DAYS.
- SAN ANTONIO: Valid Departure days: April 05-07, 11-13, 15, 18-20
- SAN ANTONIO: Valid Return days: April 13-14, 16, 19-21, 26-28. NOTE: MUST STAY AT LEAST 7-DAYS.
I was able to pull this fare up on Priceline, and it should be available on all of the major booking sites. Screenshot taken at 11:54 AM on 01/30/16.
- Availability: See Calendar.
- Documentation: Passport required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: AUS or SAT – LIR
- Example Dates: Austin (Priceline / BookingBuddy) Apr 12 – Apr 19 / Apr 05 – Apr 12, 16 / Apr 09 – Apr 16 / Apr 16 – Apr 26 / Other dates: Use the +/- 3-day search tool on CheapTickets.
- Example Dates: San Antonio (Priceline / BookingBuddy) Apr 06 – Apr 13 / Apr 12 – Apr 19-21 / Apr 18 – Apr 26 / Apr 15 – Apr 26 / Other dates: Use the +/- 3-day search tool on CheapTickets.
- Carrier: Delta
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class: V
- Mile Accrual: Delta is revenue based.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 7.86 (3906 miles)
- Full Route: AUS-ATL-LIR-ATL-AUS
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $408
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, BookingBuddy, Expedia, Hotwire.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).