[08/17/2016 @ 8:18 PM] Book this fare on: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Hotwire, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
[08/25/2016 @ 8:12 AM] Deal is back on. No AA.
[08/27/2016 @ 12:36 AM] Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
The details on this page was accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
United and Delta have round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT) to Honolulu (HNL) or Maui (OGG) for $531-$577 with a connection. Flights from late-September to December 9th. Weekend flights available. Fare is reversible. Carrier will depend on the dates selected and the origin of the flight.
Note: Flights from San Antonio (SAT) are slightly more expensive than Austin (AUS) and fly on UA only. Compare departure prices from both airports and see if it’s worth the drive.
- Example Dates: (Travelocity/ Priceline) Sep 28 – Oct 05 / Oct 05 – Oct 12 / Oct 12 – Oct 19 / Oct 21 – Oct 28 / Nov 03 – Nov 10 / Nov 10 – Nov 17 / Nov 14 – Nov 21 / Dec 01 – Dec 08 / Dec 07 – Dec 14 / Other dates: See the calendar snapshot below.
- Before you finalize your purchase, use BookingBuddy to see if any other website or airline is offering a better deal. Prices, routes, and available dates can vary between the various booking sites.
- If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
Fare availability screenshots were taken at 8:14 PM on 8/17/16. (We’re using the old screenshot since date ranges and prices haven’t changed much).
I was able to pull this fare up on Priceline, and it should be available on all of the major booking sites. Screenshot taken at 8:55 AM on 08/25/16.
If you plan on booking a hotel, use our travel coupon codes to save up to 15% to 20% off. Alternatively, you may be able to save the most money by booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package on Priceline, Orbitz, or Travelocity.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Travelocity, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancellation” next to the booking button at checkout.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Full Route: AUS-LAX-HNL-DEN-AUS
- Previous Lowest Price Average: Honolulu = $641 / Maui = $641
- Book this fare on: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Hotwire, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Bookingbuddy
- Airlines: Virgin America, Southwest Vacations, Iberia, AirFrance, Virgin Atlantic, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, TACA, Swiss
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Trivago
- Ground Transportation: Rail Europe
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
- [Escape ATX on Twitter] – get real time tweets on travel deals such as this one.
- [Subscribe to Escape ATX] – get an e-mail newsletter and notification whenever a new flight deal is posted.
- [Follow Escape ATX on Facebook] – the best way to keep in touch with us, other than this blog.
- [Follow Escape ATX on Google+] – If you are on Google+ please add us to your circle. Right now, we have virtually no following there.