The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
United and ANA have round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT) to Tokyo (NRT) for $652 with a connection. Flights midweek from October to February. Big blackout date range however; December 7th to January 10th. This fare is published for $702, but we’re seeing it on Priceline for $652 out of San Antonio.
Note: San Antonio has slightly less availability and longer connection times for this trip. Check availability out of both airports to see if it’s worth the drive. Driving to Austin for the flight may yield a faster overall travel time than departing from San Antonio.
Note: Pay attention to your arrival and departing airport. The cheapest fares may require flying into NRT, and returning out of HND.
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Travelocity) Nov 02 – Nov 09 / Nov 16 – Nov 23 / Nov 23 – Nov 30 / Blackout: Dec 07 – Jan 10 / Jan 11 – Jan 18 / … etc / Mar 22 – Mar 29 / Other dates: Use the calendar snapshot below.
- Before you finalize your purchase, use BookingBuddy to see if any other website or airline is offering a better deal. Prices, routes, and available dates can vary between the various booking sites.
- If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
Fare availability screenshots were taken at 3:31 PM on 10/25/16.
I was able to pull this fare up on Priceline and it should be available on all of the major booking sites. Screenshot taken at 3:52 PM on 10/25/16.
If you plan on booking a hotel, use our travel coupon codes to save up to 15% to 20% off. Alternatively, you may be able to save the most money by booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package on Priceline, Orbitz, or Travelocity.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Travelocity, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancellation” next to the booking button at checkout.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Stopover component: nothing worthwhile.
- Full Route: AUS-IAH-NRT-IAH-AUS
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $816 (down trend)
- Open this itinerary here: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Bookingbuddy
- Airlines:Southwest Vacations, Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).