Deals are usually valid 24 to 72 hours after posting, but can expire at any time (see time-stamp).
Hopper is having a flash sale for $100 off flights to Rome or Venice. This coupon expired 05/20 @ 2:00 AM.
American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia and various other airlines have round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) to Rome (FCO) for $739-$756 with a connection.
If you apply the Hopper coupon, the cost of the round-trip is about $639-$656. Flights October to February. Departures on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Sunday. 7-day minimum stay required.
A Carry-on bag and also a personal item is allowed for free. You can avoid paying for seat selection by accepting the randomly assigned seat at the gate.
These types of Hopper flash sales are common. They usually have a similar sale once a month. If you manage your notification settings on the Hopper app, you will never miss another Hopper flash sale.
Other destinations are also on sale, but with a lesser discount. The full list of destinations on sale is on Hopper’s website.
Whenever Hopper has these kinds of sales, all you need to do to get a good deal is pair it with a quick Google Search, select the lowest fare from there, and then plug those dates into the Hopper app with the coupon. We’ve linked the Google Calendar dates with the lowest dates for each destination on our website.
Keep in mind that Hopper is an OTA, so don’t expect them to have a free 24-hour cancellation period, or the lowest base fare price. Be sure to sort the search results by Price, Hopper doesn’t do that automatically. Hopper will also try to up-sell you on a lot of extras like “cancel for any reason” policies that in our opinion, suck; just say no.
If you use the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® with AA flights, you get: a 25% inflight food and beverage discount, a $125 AA flight discount after you spend $20,000 or more in purchases during your card year, and your first checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines flights for you and up to four companions traveling on the same reservation.
Want a notification sent straight to your phone when any new deals are found? Join our Telegram channel and never miss another deal.
Our website wouldn’t be possible without the direct financial support from our Patreons. If you like the work that we do, then consider becoming a Patreon supporter. We send our supporters an additional daily recap of every fare below the 6-month moving average.
We don’t charge a subscription fee. All our deal notifications are available for FREE via Instagram, Mastodon, Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, our Webpage, and our E-mail list. If you are paying someone a subscription fee for this content, you are being ripped off.
Use the example date links on our website to pull up the fare.
- Austin to Rome – Example Dates: (Google Flights / Hopper) Oct 30 – Nov 08 / Nov 12 – Nov 21 / Nov 13 – Nov 22 / Nov 14 – Nov 21 / Nov 20 – Nov 29 / Nov 21 – Nov 30 / Nov 22 – Nov 29 / Nov 26 – Dec 05 / Nov 27 – Dec 06 / Nov 28 – Dec 05 / Nov 28 – Dec 07 / Nov 29 – Dec 06 / Nov 29 – Dec 08 / Nov 29 – Dec 12 / Dec 03 – Dec 12 / Dec 04 – Dec 13 / Dec 05 – Dec 12 / Dec 05 – Dec 14 / Dec 06 – Dec 13 / Dec 06 – Dec 19 / Dec 10 – Dec 19 / Dec 11 – Dec 20 / Dec 12 – Dec 19 / Dec 12 – Dec 21 / Dec 13 – Dec 20 / Dec 31 – Jan 09 / Jan 01 – Jan 10 / Jan 02 – Jan 09 / Jan 02 – Jan 11 / Jan 03 – Jan 10 / Jan 03 – Jan 12 / Jan 03 – Jan 16 / Jan 08 – Jan 17 / Jan 09 – Jan 16 / Jan 09 – Jan 18 / Jan 10 – Jan 17 / Jan 10 – Jan 19 / Jan 10 – Jan 23 / Jan 14 – Jan 23 / Jan 15 – Jan 24 / Jan 16 – Jan 23 / Jan 16 – Jan 25 / Jan 17 – Jan 24 / Jan 17 – Jan 26 / Jan 23 – Feb 01 / Jan 24 – Feb 02 / Jan 29 – Feb 07 / Jan 30 – Feb 08 / Jan 31 – Feb 07 / Jan 31 – Feb 09 / Feb 05 – Feb 14 / Feb 06 – Feb 15 / Feb 07 – Feb 14 / Feb 07 – Feb 16 / Feb 12 – Feb 21 / Feb 13 – Feb 22 / Feb 14 – Feb 21 / Feb 14 – Feb 27 / Feb 18 – Feb 27 / Feb 19 – Feb 28 / Feb 20 – Feb 27 / Feb 20 – Feb 29 / Feb 21 – Feb 28 / Feb 21 – Mar 01 / Other dates: There may be more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Tips: Use Tripadvisor to create a Hotel “short list”. First, plug in your dates and destination. Then select “Sort by Traveler Ranked”. Finally, select the “Traveler Ranking” filter to show “only 4* and up”. Use this resulting “short list” of hotels to find the cheapest one with a high ranking.
- Tips: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card allows for 1-to-1 point transfers to several airline loyalty programs. Booking with points is a good alternative to paying with cash when the price of airfare is high. Here is the current list of Chase Sapphire transfer partners: United, Southwest, jetBlue, British Airways, Iberia, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Air France, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, Aer Lingus, and Air Canada.
- Tips: Vacation rentals on Vrbo are usually cheaper per night for longer stays than shorter stays. This is due to three main factors; The first is that most properties have a cleaning fee that is a fixed rate, the second is that many hosts provide discounts for stays longer than 6-days, the third is that the Vrbo service fee percentage is higher on short stays.
- Tips: You can (and should) sort the Vrbo vacation rental search results by “Total” price. Doing so exposes properties with high fees. For example, a $140 per-night property with $100 fees will rank as being more expensive than a $150 per-night property with $30 fees, when sorted. Sorting by “most reviews” is also a good option, as this will show you the most popular properties.
- Tips: Rent a car for cheaper by using Priceline’s “Express Deals”. The rental car company will be hidden until after you purchase, but this allows those companies to undercut the published rate indirectly. You can remove low quality companies from those hidden results. The trick is to use the quality filter on their website to remove any rental car company with a review rating under 7.0 and then pick the deals that survive the filter.
- Tips: Hotel rates for Weekend dates are usually higher than the rates for Sunday through Thursday. Tripadvisor has a color-coded date calendar, red when the average hotel price for that day is more expensive, green for less expensive. You can use this to get an overview of what dates in the month are at a discount.
- Tips: Different booking websites will often have differing routes, prices, and availability. Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy, Skyscanner, and Kayak to see if any other site or airline is offering a better deal.
- Join our instant notification Telegram Channels: (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago & Milwaukee / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Instagram (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Mastodon (Houston / Dallas / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Say Hello on Twitter (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Like us on Facebook (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- 6-month moving average: $746
- Book this fare on: Expedia, Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, Tripadvisor, Skyscanner, Orbitz, Hotwire, CheapTickets, Kayak.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Avianca, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).