[08/26/2015 @ 10:26 AM] Open this itinerary here: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, BookingBuddy.
[08/26/2015 @ 2:04 PM] American and United are matching.
[08/26/2015 @ 5:16 PM] Updated with more destinations. Due to matching, a lot more cities are participating in this sale.
[08/26/2015 @ 8:29 PM] Oneworld has pulled their fares, but SkyTeam and Star Alliance still have some fares available.
[08/27/2015 @ 1:15 PM] Zurich and Frankfurt deals are gone. Only deals to Spain and London remain. Renamed title “to Spain / London” it was “to Europe”.
[08/27/2015 @ 2:49 PM] All deals are now gone. Removing from deal list.[08/28/2015 @ 5:19 PM] Deal is back online
[08/29/2015 @ 10:32 AM] Deal gone again.
This deal was valid at the time of the last update (see time-stamp above). Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time.
Delta and SkyTeam partners have round trip flights from Austin (AUS) or San Antonio (SAT) to Spain and London for $601-$715, with one or two connections. Flights from September to May 2016. Holiday Blackouts apply. See the Flight Details section of this post for example dates.
Most availability is midweek. Carrier will depend on the destination and dates selected.
Note: Flights out of Austin (AUS) have better availability, routing and connection times similar flights out of San Antonio (SAT), generally speaking.
Here’s a list of the destinations on sale. All prices round-trip with all fees included.
$528 – Dublin, Ireland $592 – Málaga, Spain
- $601 – Barcelona, Spain
- $606 – Madrid, Spain
- $707 – Ibiza, Spain
- $715 – London, United Kingdom – NOT available from San Antonio (SAT)
$634 – Zurich, Switzerland $688 – Frankfurt, Germany $612 – Helsinki, Finland $625 – Venice, Italy $626 – Amsterdam, Netherlands $627 – Lisbon, Portugal $628 – Milan, Italy $635 – Rome, Italy $646 – Athens, Greece $655 – Paris, France $657 – Bordeaux, France $662 – Marseille, France $666 – Manchester, United Kingdom $667 – Oslo, Norway $676 – Prague, Czech Republic $682 – Warsaw, Poland $688 – Copenhagen, Denmark $690 – Bucharest, Romania $699 – Budapest, Hungary
- (I may have missed some destinations, and this list may get updated if more destinations go on sale).
Orbitz has a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to make use of the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Priceline and Orbitz tend to have cheaper package deals than what the airlines usually offer on their sites, so be sure to compare the package costs on several different booking sites to make sure you’re getting the least expensive one.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The DOT doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs allow it while some do not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull up this fare on Priceline and Orbitz, and it should be available on most of the other booking sites. Screenshot taken at 10:46 AM on 8/26/15. Prices and availability can change.
- Availability: See Calendar.
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: AUS or SAT – Europe
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Orbitz) LONDON : Sep 16 – Sep 23 / Sep 23 – Sep 30 / Oct 07 – Oct 14 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search to on Orbitz.
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Orbitz) BARCELONA : Sep 16 – Sep 23 / Sep 23 – Sep 30 / Oct 13 – Oct 20 / Oct 06 – Oct 23 / Nov 06 – Nov 13 / Dec 08 – Dec 15 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search to on Orbitz.
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Orbitz) MADRID : Sep 16 – Sep 23 / Sep 23 – Sep 30 / Oct 07 – Oct 14 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search to on Orbitz.
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Orbitz) AMSTERDAM : Sep 16 – Sep 23 / Sep 23 – Sep 30 / Oct 07 – Oct 14 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search to on Orbitz.
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Orbitz) Other Cities: Most availability midweek flights most months, avoid holiday.
- Carrier: Delta / American / United.
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual:
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 5.54 (10930 miles)
- Full Route: AUS-DFW-MAD-DFW-AUS
- Previous Lowest Price Average (Barcelona) : $925
- Previous Lowest Price Average (Madrid) : $955
- Previous Lowest Pirce Average (London) : $932
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Hotwire,
Expedia, Travelocity, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Avianca, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).