[06/02/2015 @ 11:57 AM] Open this itinerary here: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy, Southwest Airlines.
[06/03/2015 @ 3:19 PM] Fare is being matched by Untied and American. Southwest’s website has been down most of the day.
[06/11/2015 @ 4:51 PM] Updated calendar and example dates.
[06/14/2015 @ 12:47 PM] Price has now risen to $170, was $138 originally.
[06/17/2015 @ 3:41 PM] Price is back down to $119.
[06/23/2015 @ 1:27 PM] Price dropped to $99. Woot!
[06/30/2015 @ 11:23 AM] Most availability is gone. Only AA/UA flights left. Updated example dates and calendars.
[07/04/2015 @ 4:33 PM] Fare has increased from $99 to $157.
[07/07/2015 @ 1:50 PM] Price has dropped back to $99 round-trip via United.
[07/10/2015 @ 12:43 PM] Price fluctuates between $99 and $157. It’s $157 at the moment.
[08/06/2015 @ 2:11 PM] Removed from the deal list until it drops back under $157.
[08/19/2015 @ 5:59 PM] Re-added to deal list. There is a good amount of availability under $100 at the moment.
The details in this post were accurate at the time of the last update, see time-stamp above. Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time.
United, Southwest and American Airlines have round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) to Chicago (ORD / MDW) for $97, NONSTOP. Cheapest flights on TUE/WED/SAT from September to December. Limited availability, this is an old deal and a lot of dates are sold out. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
Carrier will depend on dates selected.
Orbitz has a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Vacation Packages on Travelocity and Priceline are usually better than what is offered directly by the airline, so be sure to compare them all to get the best price.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Travelocity allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United and Delta also allow free cancellations within 24-hours while American only allows you to “Hold” a ticket (without paying) for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The Department of Transportation doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs will allow it while some will not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Availability: See Calendar. Flights TUE-WED+SAT August to December.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight
- Departure and Destination Airports: AUS – MDW or ORD
- Example Dates: American (Priceline / Travelocity) Sep 16, 19 – Sep 23 / Oct 21 – Oct 28 / Nov 04, 07 – Nov 11-18 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Example Dates: (Southwest) Oct 20 – Oct 27
- Carrier: Southwest / United
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual: Southwest and United are Revenue based. American earns 100%.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 7.0 (1956 miles)
- Full Route: AUS-ORD-AUS
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy, Southwest Airlines.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).