The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamp). Deals are usually valid 24 to 72 hours after posting, but can expire at any time. This website contains cookies for personalized ads and links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link. By continuing to use this website, you consent to the use of ads, affiliate links, and cookies.
United has round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) to San Francisco (SFO) for $97-$140, NONSTOP. Flights January, February, May, and June. Departures on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Very few weekends available.
Note: Cheapest flight is on Feb 29, returning Mar 03.
Note: United “Basic Economy” fares do not include a free carry-on bag. Only a personal item (like a small laptop bag) is free. Seats are randomly assigned for free prior to boarding. If you have the United MileagePlus credit-card, use the “free checked bag” perk.
Note: The personal item size on United flights is smaller (9-in/10-in/17-in) than Frontier or Spirit (8-in/14-in/18-in).
We don’t charge a subscription fee. All of our deal notifications are available for FREE via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, our Webpage, and our E-mail list. If you are paying someone a subscription fee for our content, you are being ripped off.
- All Example Dates: (BookingBuddy / Priceline) Jan 08 – Jan 10 / Jan 08 – Jan 11 / Jan 08 – Jan 13 / Jan 08 – Jan 15 / Jan 24 – Jan 27 / Jan 24 – Jan 28 / Jan 24 – Jan 29 / Jan 24 – Jan 31 / Jan 25 – Jan 27 / Jan 25 – Jan 28 / Jan 25 – Jan 29 / Jan 29 – Jan 31 / Jan 29 – Feb 01 / Jan 29 – Feb 03 / Jan 29 – Feb 05 / Feb 08 – Feb 11 / Feb 08 – Feb 12 / Feb 15 – Feb 18 / Feb 15 – Feb 19 / Feb 15 – Feb 22 / Feb 26 – Mar 02 / Feb 28 – Mar 02 / Feb 29 – Mar 02 / Feb 29 – Mar 03 / Feb 29 – Mar 04 / Feb 29 – Mar 07 / May 02 – May 05 / May 02 – May 06 / May 02 – May 09 / May 09 – May 12 / May 09 – May 13 / May 09 – May 16 / May 16 – May 19 / May 16 – May 20 / May 16 – May 23 / May 23 – May 26 / May 23 – May 27 / May 23 – May 30 / May 30 – Jun 02 / May 30 – Jun 03 / May 30 – Jun 06 / Jun 06 – Jun 09 / Jun 06 – Jun 10 / Jun 06 – Jun 13 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
- Weekend Dates: (BookingBuddy / Priceline) Jan 24 – Jan 27 / Feb 28 – Mar 02 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
- Extended Weekend Dates: (BookingBuddy / Priceline) Jan 24 – Jan 28 / Jan 24 – Jan 29 / Jan 25 – Jan 27 / Jan 25 – Jan 28 / Feb 08 – Feb 11 / Feb 15 – Feb 18 / Feb 29 – Mar 02 / Feb 29 – Mar 03 / May 02 – May 05 / May 09 – May 12 / May 16 – May 19 / May 23 – May 26 / May 30 – Jun 02 / Jun 06 – Jun 09 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Tips: Vacation rentals on Vrbo are usually cheaper per night for longer stays than shorter stays. This is due to three main factors; The first is that most properties have a cleaning fee that is a fixed rate, the second is that many hosts provide discounts for stays longer than 6-days, the third is that the Vrbo service fee percentage is higher on short stays.
- Tips: You can (and should) sort the Vrbo vacation rental search results by “Total” price. Doing so exposes properties with high fees. For example, a $140 per-night property with $100 fees will rank as being more expensive than a $150 per-night property with $30 fees, when sorted. Sorting by “most reviews” is also a good option, as this will show you the most popular properties.
- Tips: Rent a car for cheaper by using Priceline’s “Express Deals”. The rental car company will be hidden until after you purchase, but this allows those companies to undercut the published rate indirectly. You can remove low quality companies from those hidden results. The trick is to use the quality filter on their website to remove any rental car company with a review rating under 7.0 and then pick the deals that survive the filter.
- Tips: Use Tripadvisor to create a Hotel “short list”. First, plug in your dates and destination. Then select “Sort by Traveler Ranked”. Finally, select the “Traveler Ranking” filter to show “only 4* and up”. Use this resulting “short list” of hotels to find the cheapest one with a high ranking.
- Tips: Hotel rates for Weekend dates are usually higher than the rates for Sunday through Thursday. Tripadvisor has a color-coded date calendar, red when the average hotel price for that day is more expensive, green for less expensive. You can use this to get an overview of what dates in the month are at a discount.
- Tips: Different booking websites will often have differing routes, prices, and availability. Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy, Skyscanner, and Kayak to see if any other site or airline is offering a better deal.
- Join our instant notification Telegram Channels: (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago & Milwaukee / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Instagram (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Say Hello on Twitter (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Like us on Facebook (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
I was able to pull this up on Priceline. Screenshot taken when this post was initially created. See timestamps at the top of this post.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $150
- Book this fare on: Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, SkyScanner, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, CheapTickets.
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Avianca, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).