[02/05/2018 @ 3:06 PM] Book this fare on: Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia, Hotwire.
[02/05/2018 @ 5:26 PM] Paris and Amsterdam still available. Italian fares are gone though.
[02/21/2018 @ 11:04 PM] Old post clean-up. Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
Deals are usually valid 24 to 72 hours after posting, but can expire at any time (see time-stamp).
Lufthansa and United have round-trip flights from Austin and San Antonio (AUS/SAT) to Paris (CDG), Amsterdam (AMS), Rome (FCO), Venice (VCE), or Milan (MXP) for $368-$505. Flights in March and April and also a few from August to October and December. 7-day minimum stay required.
Note: Check availability out of both AUS and SAT, the example dates provided should be similar for both cities, but there will probably be a few that are in one and not the other.
Note: Availability to Italy is very sparse compared to Amsterdam or Paris. Venice requires two connections.
Note: Some small OTAs on Momondo have this for $368-$465. If you plan on booking there, beware of any site that charges a fee to cancel a ticket within the 24-hour “free” period. Use unknown booking sites at your own risk.
- Amsterdam – Example Dates: (Priceline / BookingBuddy) Mar 07 – Mar 14 / Mar 14 – Mar 21 / Mar 21 – Mar 28 / Mar 28 – Apr 04 / Apr 04 – Apr 11 / Apr 11 – Apr 18 / Apr 18 – Apr 25 / Apr 25 – May 02 / May 01 – May 08, 17 / … / Aug 21 – Aug 28 / Sep 20 – Sep 27 / Sep 27 – Oct 04 / Oct 03 – Oct 10 / etc… / Dec 05 – Dec 12 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
- Paris – Example Dates: (Priceline / BookingBuddy) Mar 06 – Mar 13 /
Mar 14 – Mar 21/ Mar 20 – Mar 27 / Mar 27 – Apr 03 / Apr 04 – Apr 11 / Apr 11 – Apr 15 / Apr 17 – Apr 24 / Apr 25 – May 02 / May 01 – May 08, 17 / … / Sep 26 – Oct 03 / Oct 10 – Oct 17 / Oct 17 – Oct 24 / Oct 24 – Oct 31 / Oct 31 – Nov 07 / Nov 07 – Nov 14 / Nov 13 – Nov 20 / Nov 22 – Nov 29 / Nov 29 – Dec 06 / Dec 05 – Dec 12 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
- Venice – Example Dates: (Priceline / BookingBuddy) Mar 27 – Apr 03 / Apr 11 – Apr 18 / Apr 17 – Apr 24 / May 01 – May 08, 15 / Aug 22 – Aug 29 / Sep 18 – Sep 25 / Sep 25 – Oct 02 / Oct 02 – Oct 09 / Oct 09 – Oct 16 / Oct 16 – Oct 23 / Oct 31 – Nov 07 / etc… / Dec 05 – Dec 12 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
- Rome – Example Dates: (Priceline / BookingBuddy) Mar 27 – Apr 10 / Apr 10 – Apr 17, 24 / Apr 15 – Apr 23, 29 / Aug 16 – Aug 24 / Aug 20 – Aug 27 / (San Antonio: Oct 17 – Oct 24) / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
- Milan (via Austin) – Example Dates: (Priceline / BookingBuddy) Apr 13 -Apr 20 / Apr 27 – May 04 / Aug 16 – Aug 23 / Aug 21 – Aug 28 / Aug 21- Sep 04 / Sep 19 – Sep 26 / Sep 26 – Oct 03 / Oct 03 – Oct 10 /Oct 10 – Oct 17 / Oct 17 – Oct 24 / Oct 31 – Nov 07 / Nov 01 – Nov 08 / Nov 08 – Nov 15 / Nov 15 – Nov 22 / Nov 22 – Nov 29 / Dec 06 – Dec 13 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Tips: Use Tripadvisor to create a Hotel “short list”. First, plug in your dates and destination. Then select “Sort by Traveler Ranked”. Finally, select the “Traveler Ranking” filter to show “only 4* and up”. Use this resulting “short list” of hotels to find the cheapest one with a high ranking.
- Tips: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card allows for 1-to-1 point transfers to several airline loyalty programs. Booking with points is a good alternative to paying with cash when the price of airfare is high. Here is the current list of Chase Sapphire transfer partners: United, Southwest, jetBlue, British Airways, Iberia, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Air France, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, Aer Lingus, and Air Canada.
- Tips: Vacation rentals on Vrbo are usually cheaper per night for longer stays than shorter stays. This is due to three main factors; The first is that most properties have a cleaning fee that is a fixed rate, the second is that many hosts provide discounts for stays longer than 6-days, the third is that the Vrbo service fee percentage is higher on short stays.
- Tips: You can (and should) sort the Vrbo vacation rental search results by “Total” price. Doing so exposes properties with high fees. For example, a $140 per-night property with $100 fees will rank as being more expensive than a $150 per-night property with $30 fees, when sorted. Sorting by “most reviews” is also a good option, as this will show you the most popular properties.
- Tips: Rent a car for cheaper by using Priceline’s “Express Deals”. The rental car company will be hidden until after you purchase, but this allows those companies to undercut the published rate indirectly. You can remove low quality companies from those hidden results. The trick is to use the quality filter on their website to remove any rental car company with a review rating under 7.0 and then pick the deals that survive the filter.
- Tips: Hotel rates for Weekend dates are usually higher than the rates for Sunday through Thursday. Tripadvisor has a color-coded date calendar, red when the average hotel price for that day is more expensive, green for less expensive. You can use this to get an overview of what dates in the month are at a discount.
- Tips: Different booking websites will often have differing routes, prices, and availability. Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy, Skyscanner, and Kayak to see if any other site or airline is offering a better deal.
- Join our instant notification Telegram Channels: (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago & Milwaukee / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Instagram (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Say Hello on Twitter (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Like us on Facebook (Austin & San Antonio / Houston / Dallas / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
I was able to pull this fare up on Priceline. Screenshot taken at 2:53 PM on 02/05/18.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
- Previous Lowest Price Average:
- Book this fare on: Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia, Hotwire.
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Avianca, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).