[02/19/2016 @ 6:50 PM] Open this itinerary here: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
[02/29/2016 @ 1:53 PM]
Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
[03/03/2016 @ 8:23 PM] Deal is back.
[03/15/2016 @ 2:44 PM] Old post cleanup. Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
Most major airlines have round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT) to Tokyo (NRT / HND) for $650 with a connection. Flights from March to May.
Note: Some routes fly into NRT and back from HND (or vice versa), this won’t be a problem for you if you’re paying attention to which airport you’re departing and arriving from.
- Example Dates: Austin / San Antonio (Priceline / Orbitz) Mar 22 – Mar 29 / Apr 06 – Apr 13 / May 04 – May 11 / Other dates: Use the +/- 3-day search tool on CheapTickets.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull this fare up on Priceline and it should be available on all of the major booking sites. Screenshot taken at 07:11 PM on 2/19/16.
If you plan on booking a hotel, use our travel coupon codes to save up to 15% to 20% off. Alternatively, you may be able to save the most money by booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package on Priceline, Orbitz, or Travelocity.
Prices, routes, and available dates can vary between the various booking sites. Before you finalize your purchase, use BookingBuddy to see if any other website or airline is offering a better deal.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
- Availability: See Calendar.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight
- Departure and Destination Airports: AUS or SAT – NRT / HND
- Carrier: United
- Fare Basis Code: KLX0ZBJ0
- Fare Class: K
- Mile Accrual: 5 per dollar spent. 1.00 PQM.
- Stopover component: nothing worthwhile.
- CPM: 3.76 (17246 miles)
- Full Route: AUS-SFO-NRT-DEN-AUS
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $823
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).