[04/01/2015 @ 01:10 AM] Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookingBuddy.
[05/27/2015 @ 12:32 AM] This is probably ending soon. I’m no longer able to pull it up on Orbitz or AA.com. Fare gone.
American Airlines is offering round-trip flights from Austin (AUS) to Tokyo (NRT), Beijing (PEK), and Shanghai (SHA) starting at $699. Flight August to October.
The example dates and details will us Tokyo (NRT) as the default destination. See the flight details section of this post for Example dates for Bejing and Shanghai.
Here are a few inexpensive Tokyo hotels that I’ve stayed in and I like: Hotel Monterey Hanzomon / Hotel Asia Center of Japan / Hotel Niwa Tokyo / Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo. Of the four, Niwa and the Monterey Hanzomon were pretty awesome. Hotel Asia Center was very inexpensive, but rough around the edges. Metropolitan Tokyo was in the coolest location and close to major metro and rail lines.
You should probably book this as a flight+hotel package and then use the Orbitz coupon code for $150 off package deals to save even more money. You can find the link to the coupon code page at the bottom of every deal post.
When you are ready to book, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
When you begin your search for a Hotel or Vacation Rental in Tokyo please use our TripAdvisor: Tokyo link to find a good place to stay. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Be sure to make use of any coupon codes for Hotels that may be available at the bottom of this post.
- Availability: See Calendar. Flights August to October. Most availability and cheapest flights are on TUE/WED.
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: AUS – NRT or PEK or SHA.
- Example Dates: TOKYO (Priceline) Sep 01 – Sep 08 / Sep 08 – Sep 22 / Aug 31 – Sep 07 / Sep 16 – Sep 23 / Oct 06 – Oct 20
- Example Dates: BEIJING (Priceline) Sep 02 – Sep 09 / Sep 10 – Sep 17 / Sep 03 – Sep 15 / Sep 31 – Oct 05 / Oct 01 – Oct 07 / Oct 13 – Oct 27
- Example Dates: SHANGHAI (Priceline) Sep 02 – Sep 09 / Sep 10 – Sep 17 / Sep 03 – Sep 15 / Sep 29 – Oct 08 / Oct 01 – Oct 07 / Oct 13 – Oct 27
- Carrier: American
- Fare Basis Code: O
- Fare Class: O
- Mile Accrual: American Airlines
- Stopover component:
- CPM: 5.05 (13854 miles)
- Full Route: AUS-DFW-NRT-DFW-AUS
- Previous low price: $871 on 4/7/15. — $818 on 4/22/15.
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Avianca, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
- Flights from Dallas [Cheap DFW]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Cheap DFW] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), and Denver (DEN).
Want travel coupon codes? Go here: [Coupon Codes for Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline].